- 200g ready-made dessert (sweet) pastry
- 1 small jar mincemeat
- flour for rolling out
- 75g self-raising flour
- 50g plant-based butter
- 30g Demerara sugar
- 25g ground almonds
- Heat the oven to 200°C / Gas 6. Lightly flour the work surface and roll the pastry out to 3 – 4mm thickness.
- Using a pastry cutter or an upside-down glass and knife to cut around the rim, cut out 10 – 12 mince pie bases. Place them in the bun tin.
- Re-roll the pastry as necessary and cut more bases. Place a heaped teaspoon of mincemeat in each pastry case. Set aside.
- Make the streusel mixture by placing the flour in a mixing bowl with the butter, sugar and almonds.
- With a round-bladed knife, cut the butter into the dry ingredients. Rub the fat into the flour until it resembles large breadcrumbs.
- Spoon the streusel mixture over the mincemeat in the pastry shells and press down lightly.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes until the pastry is cooked and the topping lightly browned.
Find the full recipe card from Food for Life here and Cook and Share month here.