200g ground oats (or flour)
55g coconut oil (or butter)
1 tablespoon fennel (saunf)
260g pitted dates
- Put the ground oats and coconut oil in a pan and lightly toast for a few minutes
- Soak the dates in boiling water
- In a blender add the almonds then pour into the pan
- Blend the pistachios and add to the pan
- Sprinkle in the fennel, sultanas and pitted dates
- Mash up the soaked dates with a fork and add to the pan
- Stir for a couple of minutes
- Make into ball shapes with your hands
- Enjoy with a mug of chai
A pinni is an Indian snack traditionally eaten in the winter months, they’re packed full of flavour and nutrition and are great for an energy boost. Recipe by Made in Hackney social media assistant Nav Juty.
Download the PDF version of this recipe here.