for the lentil soup
- 80 g red lentils (rinse thoroughly in a sieve)
- 40 g quinoa (rinse thoroughly in a strainer)
- 100 g peeled carrots (cut into small cubes)
- 100 g peeled celeriac (cut into small cubes)
Other ingredients and spices
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 300 ml coconut milk
- 200 ml of tomato passata
- 3 tbsp of peanut oil
- 1 tbsp juice and 1 tsp. of organic lemon
- 10 g of tomato paste
- 1 tsp finely grated ginger
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tbsp of finely chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For the lentil soup, heat the peanut oil in a saucepan and sauté the carrots and celery cubes with the ginger for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato paste and sprinkle with curry and cumin. Then add the lentils and quinoa, stir well and deglaze with vegetable stock.
- Add the tomato puree and bay leaf, season with salt and pepper and bring it to boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Then remove the bay leaf, add the coconut milk, the lemon juice, grated ginger and season with salt and pepper.
- Enjoy the lentil soup sprinkled with parsley.