Eating less and better meat and dairy is a simple way for you to positively affect – health, environment, animal welfare and social justice.
The good news is that by following Eating Better’s top tips and making simple tweaks to everyday meals, #LessAndBetter can be an easy and not to mention delicious step to take.
#LessAndBetter top tips:
- Take inspiration. Look to the cuisines of countries with well-known vegetarian dishes such as India for inspiration.
- Ask questions when eating out. A restaurant should be able to provide you with delicious plant-based options and tell you where they source their meat and dairy from, if they can’t you might want to eat elsewhere.
- Half and half. Use half the meat and cheese in lasagnes and chillies and double the amount of vegetables. Add a tin of beans or lentils and extra veg to a curry or a stew.
- Go plant forward. Make vegetables, beans and pulses the star of your dinner. Be creative with your vegetables.
- Try it you might like it. Find some delicious recipes and give them a try.
- Buy better. Use the money you save from eating less meat to choose meat that is better for people, animals and planet. Look for labels that offer assurance for environmental standards and higher animal welfare.
Delicious recipes from our partners and friends
Made In Hackney - the UK's only enterprising eco-community kitchen and cookery school improving lives of Londoners.
One Planet Plate - from the Sustainable Restaurant Association is a restaurant movement that puts sustainability on the menu. They have some fantastic recipes by great chefs and restaurants and you can filter by options such as ‘features more veg’ or 'includes better meat.’
Hubbub - create environmental campaigns with a difference. They inspire people to make healthier, greener lifestyle choices. They have delicious recipes including a focus on creating less waste and food for vegetarians, vegans and those that are vegcurious.
Great British Chefs – this is one of the Eating Better team’s favourite websites. It’s the go to destination for foodies in search of recipe inspiration. There is a huge selection of well tested, delicious recipes, including a big choice for vegetarians, vegans and flexitarians.